Our specialty is getting stuff done.
When consultants are asked what their specialties are, more than likely their answers focus on a technology. Saturday Morning Productions is different because we focus on getting projects done, using the appropriate technology, rather than focusing on a particular technology.
If we aren’t technology specialists, then what are we good at?
- Custom web or desktop software to help your business run smoother.
- Complementing your existing team with an extra developer, tester or business analyst.
- Improving your software development process by implementing and teaching your current staff about best practices, source code control, automated builds and test-driven development.
- Improving business processes before throwing technology at a problem.
- Analyzing root causes.
Here are some samples of project we have recently completed:
- Our company website (Ruby on Rails, MySQL) that takes orders via PayPal for our first product, Mini-Compressor (C#, WPF).
- Recommended a technology and a base architecture for a client’s new software product.
- Setup an on-line Subversion repository on a Windows Server with SSL, WebSVN, and links to Fogbugz defect-tracking system.
- Assessed a Government Ministry’s management of Intellectual Property, along with recommended solutions.
- Composed technical and training documents for custom-developed software.
The ‘we’ referred to above is Chris and Ada, the co-founders of Saturday Morning Productions. Together we make a great team of business and technical know how. Sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org reaches both Chris and Ada.
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say Ada started her consulting career before she was old enough to rent a car. 11 years later, she is as customer-focused now as she was then. The only difference is now she has more years of experience. She has learned that sometimes a solution may be as simple as better training for staff members. She has learned that sometimes emulating the status quo in newer technology is not the best solution. She has learned how to step back and look at the bigger picture – the business processes and root causes.
And we’ll bet she has something to teach your organization. Give her a shout at email@example.com.
His first computer was a Commodore 64 but he didn’t realize how awesome computers were until he discovered he could create his own Doom levels. While he still enjoys computer games his true passion is solving problems, preferably hard ones. His favourite projects are ones that push the boundaries of what can be done or, even better, enters the realm of what hasn’t been done before. He also knows what it takes to get software from conception to release. Check out his CV for more details.
If you are looking for a top notch developer you should give him a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org.